Friday 4 March 2011

The Novena of Grace

St. Francis Xavier by Murillo

Dear reader, today is the first day of the 'novena of grace,' so called because of the many miraculous favours obtained through the intercession of St. Francis Xavier by means of this devotion. You are earnestly invited to pray for the whole-hearted implementation of Summorum Pontificum in the Diocese of Kildare and Leighlin by making this novena:

O Saint Francis Xavier, well beloved and full of charity, in union with thee, I reverently adore the Majesty of God; and since I rejoice with exceeding joy in the singular gifts of grace bestowed upon thee during thy life, and thy gifts of glory after death, I give Him hearty thanks therefore; I beseech thee with all my heart's devotion to be pleased to obtain for me, by thy effectual intercession, above all things, the grace of a holy life and a happy death. Moreover, I beg of thee to obtain for me . . . (here mention the spiritual or temporal favor to be prayed for). But if what I ask of thee so earnestly doth not tend to the glory of God and the greater good of my soul, do thou, I pray, obtain for me what is more profitable to both these ends. Amen.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.
Raccolta N. 500